To register for the 2017 Conference in New Orleans, follow this link to the Morris Inn at Notre Dame.
Download the information below here, in one handy document: AMA 2017 Conference Details
PAPER SUBMISSIONS: Proposals of not more than two single-spaced typed pages are due December 15, 2016. Send the proposal to the AMA Vice President, James Jacobs, at email@example.com . You can expect a response to your proposal no later than January 20, 2017.
The AMA, as always, encourages graduate student papers. There is a $500 prize for the best paper. The award is announced at the Conference. Send complete papers to James Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org . Submissions are due on Dec. 15, 2016.
PLENARY SESSION SPEAKERS • Father Stephen Brock, Professor at the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross (Rome) ∙ John Hittinger, Professor at the University of St. Thomas (Houston), • Daniel Philpott, Professor at the University of Notre Dame (Notre Dame, Indiana), Alice Ramos, Professor at St. John’s University (New York), • Eleonore Stump, Professor at St. Louis University
CONFERENCE TIMES & VENUE The 2017 conference will open late Thursday afternoon, March 2, and will close with its awards banquet on Saturday night, March 4. Complete schedule details will be available in the beginning of February. Opening Mass and all Thursday and Friday conference sessions, including the evening receptions, will be at the Holiday Inn. The Saturday sessions, the closing Mass, the final reception, and the awards banquet will be held Notre Dame Seminary.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION $125 ($50 for graduate students). This price includes the conference registration and all meeting materials, all daily refreshments, Thursday and Friday night receptions, transportation to and from Notre Dame Seminary, and Saturday lunch on campus. (The cost of tickets for the Saturday night banquet is an additional $50/person.)
- REGISTRATION WEBSITE TBA – STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS
HOTEL Special AMA discount room rates for Thursday-Saturday (Thursday, March 2—Saturday, March 4) at the welcoming Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel: $135 a night. For phone reservations, call toll-free 1-800-HOLIDAY and refer to the group code AMA or use the link American Maritain Association . (If you are confident that you will be coming, please do register now. NB: the hotel price quoted above is good up until February 1, 2014, but not after that date.)
TRANSPORTATION The Holiday Inn is located at 330 Loyola Avenue.
Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY)
- Distance: 15.0 MI/24.14 KM EAST to Hotel.
- Start EAST on W AIRLINE HWY. toward WARREN ST. LEFT onto AIRPORT ACCESS RD. Merge onto I-10E. Merge onto US-90W via EXIT 234A on LEFT toward WESTBANK/SUPERDOME. Take exit toward LOYOLA AVE. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto EARHART BLVD. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto LOYOLA AVE.
- The standard cab fare from MSY to the French Quarter is $36 (or $15.00 per passenger for three or more passengers).
- Shuttle service is available from the airport to the hotels in the CBD for $24.00 (per person, one-way) or $44.00 (per person, round-trip). Call 1-866-596-2699 or (504) 522-3500 for more details or to make a reservation.
- Station Name: Amtrak
- Distance: 0.05 MI/0.08 KM EAST to Hotel
- Taxi Charge (one way):$7.00
- Exit Amtrak station and turn left on Loyola Ave. Drive 6 blocks to 330 Loyola Ave. Hotel is on right.
- From East: On I-10 West, exit at Canal St. (exit 23B). Turn right on Cleveland St. Go 7 blocks to the end of Cleveland, turn right on Elk Place. Hotel is located 2 blocks farther on the left.
- From West: As the I-10 turns east to Slidell near downtown, stay left onto Hwy. 90. Exit at Loyola Ave. and continue on Earhart Blvd. for about1 mile until Loyola Ave. Turn left on Loyola Ave. Hotel is 5 blocks farther on the right.
The CFP for the 2017 AMA Conference in New Orleans is here! Download it below.